I never updated about January’s books as basically life imploded, so here’s the first two months. Between full-time work, the launch, starting part-time study, and finishing book 2 to get it out to betas as well as beta-reading MSs for friends…I haven’t been able to read very much outside of that.
1. Frostfire – Zoe Mariott (YA, fantasy, Africa-inspired, awesome)
2. Eon: Dragoneye Reborn – Alison Goodman (YA, fantasy, Asia-inspired, girl-disguised-as-boy, dragons)
3. The Obsidian Mirror – Catherine Fischer (YA, fantasy, time travel)
Favourite book: Frostfire
4. Skellig – David Almond (YA, fantasy, magical realism, angels, grief)
5. Herculine Barbin: Being the Recently Discovered Memoirs of a Nineteenth-century French Hermaphrodite – Introduction by Michael Foucault (nonfiction, intersex, memoir, history, medicine, Victorian, France, heartbreaking)
6. The Limbreth Gate – Megan Lindholm (fantasy, portal worlds)
7. Scarlet – Marissa Meyer (YA, science fiction, fairy tale, cinderella, red riding hood)
8. The City’s Son – Tom Pollcok (YA, urban fantasy, alice in wonderland retelling)
Favourite book: Scarlet for entertainment, the Herculine Barbin memoir for being really moving and so sad.
Feel free to add me on Goodreads!