No time for reviews again, but here’s what I’ve been reading this month:
1. Broken Monsters – Lauren Beukes. Fantastic, genre-busting thriller.
2. The Miniaturist – Jessie Burton. Team Mushens ftw. Beautiful book.
3. I am Not a Serial Killer – Dan Wells. Tor option book research.
4. The Expedition of Humphry Clinker – Tobias Smollett. 18th century epistolary novel. For my Novel Ideas class. Did skim some of the letters.
5. The Life and Opinions of Tristam Shandy, Gentlemen – Laurence Sterne. For my Novel Ideas class. Also some skimming because this is a book about Shandy’s fictitious life and he’s not even born until Volume 3 of 9.
Total: 54 books so far in 2014.